Why do kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Monday, November 28, 2011

My Life's Journey

This is the story of how my life got flipped and turned upside-down.

Ordinary World:  I just go to school, or stay at home and do homework.  I just work on getting my Eagle, as well as household chores.  I don't really hang out with friends, as I tend to feel solitary.

Call to Adventure: A friend of mine said to ask a certain girl to the dance.

Refusal of the Call:  I feel too shy.  I like her, and don't think I could stand a rejection.

Meeting the Mentor:  Another friend of mine encouraged me to ask her.  I decide to ask her.

Crossing the Threshold:  I drive to find her house.

Tests, Allies and Enemies:  I don't know where she lives.  Another good friend of mine tells me where she lived.  I find it.

Approach the Inmost Cave:  I sneak up to her front door.

The Ordeal:  I place the creative way to ask her on her doorstep.  My heart is pounding in my chest.

Reward:  I feel relief as I get back to my car safely.  She didn't see me.  I sit in my car, heart still pounding.

Road Back:  I head back home, still sighing with relief.  But she still has to answer.

Resurrection:  All the sudden I feel like she'll say no.  My spirits plummet.  My emotions die.  Then I think, I can still ask someone else, if she does say no.  I feel better.

Return with Elixer:  I get home, with a contented feeling, knowing that, no matter what the outcome, I can live through this.  It isn't life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment