Why do kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Upside Down Life of Me

I'm at school.  I wander the halls, hoping any of the girls I like will say hi to me.  I wander.  I wander for a few millenia, and finally the bell rings.  I have a few teachers.  They are, Mr. Rivers, Mr. Big Mama, Mr. Mostly Bald, Mrs. Smile, Ms. Boring, Bro. Disney, and Ms. Math.

Mr. Big Mama is the best.  His class is always so entertaining, but it's filled with tourists.  Who don't really like me, or think I'm odd.  Mr. Rivers' class is full of stupid sophmores.  Ugh.  Mrs. Smile's class is also fun, because Girl Who Is Cute #1 comes in after her own class.  I call her Fashion.

The second girl I like is in Ms. Math's class.  She is so intriguing, I just can't figure her out.  I call her Professor Laytoness.  Girl three I stopped in the hallways because she looked familiar, but it wasn't who I thought it was.  Somehow we became friends and we talk often.  I call her Southern Girl.

So, I go, day by day, hoping something happens, but not taking any action.  Why?  I'm too scared.  I've been rejected too many times to count.  I have terrible self esteem.  Why, because I was rejected.

I was on top of the world, but not cocky.  I thought I was an average looking guy, not the best.  I thought I was decently funny, not hilarious.  Now I think I'm a wimpy, ugly, stupid freak of awkwardness.  Not even pity pities me.  I'm just a huge ball of bad self esteem.

I don't say this to make you pity me.  Trust me.  I don't do any sob story or reverse psychology for that.  I tried it in eighth grade.  Didn't work.  Never going back.

I tell you this so you can remember one thing:  Anyone, whether fat or skinny, whether handsome, cute or ugly, whether smart or stupid, whether funny or idiotic, etc. etc., is worth your time.

Reach out to people.  DON'T LET WHAT HAPPENED TO ME HAPPEN TO ANYBODY ELSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment