Why do kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Monday, October 10, 2011

Sunshine

Sunshine on my shoulder. . .makes my shoulders melt.
Sunshine in my eyes makes me sad.

Its cloudy and frigid.  I'm wearing three shirts, two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, and yet I'm still freezing.  I walk around to get warm.  I slap my cold parts.  I do jumping jacks.  I stuff my fingers under my armpits.  Nothing helps.

And then the sun comes out.  Its very rays of light seem to pour warmth all over my body, heating me, causing me to feel elated.

But then it goes behind the clouds again.  I feel the frigid air closing around me, and I don't know what to do, when suddenly, it comes out again.  Again, warmth spreads throughout my entire body, encasing me in a soft, golden glow.

But then you say you have to go to class.  You turn, and you walk away, and unknown to you, the sun just set on me.

3 comments:

  1. "Sunshine on my shoulder. . .makes my shoulders melt."

    The Sun feels good. But it still burns. Ow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ending, it's so symbolic and turned the whole post around to something new and a really cool metaphor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first line. It's so good. Strong work!!

    ReplyDelete